SAFE SKIPS WASTE MANAGEMENT AND RECYCLING POLICY
Safe Skips is determined to ensure the highest level of commitment to sustainable environmental policies throughout our business activities. We intend to develop this policy by minimising the production of waste, establishing sustainable purchasing practice throughout the business operation and, wherever possible, reusing and recycling materials.
All business operations and practices will give full consideration to our environmental and waste management responsibilities. We will strive to minimise waste and ensure recycling of materials wherever practical. Systems and procedures will be implemented to encourage recycling with a view to minimising overall levels of waste. All employees are to abide by the following procedures and co-operate with management in the execution of this policy.
As part of our on-going commitment to protecting the environment and reducing waste levels, we will implement the following specific aims:
1. We will cultivate a work ethic with a high level of awareness of waste management, waste minimisation and a culture of recycling and reuse wherever practical.
2. We will promote economy in the use of materials throughout the business.
3. We will encourage the use of recycled/reclaimed materials, materials from sustainable sources and materials that are suitable for disposal by recycling.
4. We will favour suppliers who operate according to sound environmental principles.
5. We will minimise waste by encouraging the exchange and reuse of equipment and materials amongst departments and on our work sites.
6. We will develop waste management strategies that include recycling procedures and schemes.
7. We will encourage employees throughout our company and sites to promote and establish recycling schemes that our relevant to their individual activities.
Safe Skips is committed to expanding our recycling policy as the company develops and as other recycling procedures emerge within the economy. Waste management and recycling will be at the forefront of our operations.